Get in touch via email here

Have any questions? Just call us on 01633 400624

Penhow CommunityCouncil News

Minutes February 2019

03-Apr-2019

 

 

Minutes of the meeting held at St John's Hall 

 

6th February 2019 at 7.15pm

 

Present at the meeting were:

 

Chair:John Wagstaff

 

Councillors:Keith Jones

Beryl Morgan

Graham Pollard

Bob Shepherd

Anne Underwood

 

Clerk:Nicola Sutherland clerk@penhowcommunity.org

 

1.

Apologies Michael Weekes William Routley

2.

Previous Minutes Minutes agreed.Anne Underwood proposed and Graham Pollard seconded.

3.

Matters Arising
  • New clerk appointed.
  • Owner of red diesel containers has been approached and the situation will be kept under review.
  • New format of minutes accepted.
  • Memorial bench for Recreation Field has been ordered.
  • Rocks in the park have been moved and the area has been tidied up.
  • Signage for Market Road.No further updates.Awaiting update from NCC.

4.

Public Participation A member of the public was present. Parking.An issue with parking on Greenmeadow Drive was raised.

 

Information Request – is permission required to change a house name?The Local Authority need to be notified of any change.The details of this will be explained to the householder.

Bollards. These have been installed by Newport City Council.

Arcade Road.Background evidence and covering letter have been collated.Copies to go to Chief Executive NCC, Councillor Routley and Penhow Community Council. The Chair and Council were extremely pleased with the completed document. An email will be drafted to update interested parties with regards to this matter.

5.

Ward Matters No ward councillors present at the meeting.

6.

Penhow Services One of the community notice boards is now unable to be opened.This will berectified.

7.

A48 Grass Verges/Wildflower Management Next step for the development of this area will be raking and seeding at appropriate time.

8.

Recreation Grounds & Equipment; Village Furniture A large amount of dog mess has been found on the playing field.

 

Bushes and weeds from some hedges are encroaching on to the field.Grass cutting will restart in April.

Clerk to contact NCC grounds to request hedge cutting.Clerk to query with Newport City Homes re hedge cutting and garden maintenance on properties that they manage. PCC to also follow up with the field side of the hedge.

Moss has built up on some of the paths leading to play equipment.

Moles – Beryl Morgan will book the mole catcher.

Litter pick for the field to be organised by the Chair and Keith Jones.

9.

Village Matters
  • i.Councillor Vacancy
  • Interest has been shown by one member of the village.They will be invited to the next PCC meeting.
  • ii.Possible future village events
  • Best kept front garden competition to be instigated.Chair will promote the competition with posters. A local Garden Centre to be approached to support the judging and sponsorship of the event.
 
  • iii.Areas of responsibility for Councillors
  • Chair proposed that each Councillor take an area of specific responsibility.Councillors asked to decide upon the area/s they would take responsibility for. This will be revisited at the next meeting.

10.

Planning Applications – new Castle Farm – no objections raised.

11.

Planning Applications – updates Brief update on the shop application given.

12.

Accounts & Financial Matters Mandate for the PCC account needs to be changed. Beryl Jones and Bob Shepherd will look at banking and report back at March meeting.

 

 

£18144.31 as of January – this includes funds for play area.

Received third precept £4906 from NCC.

 

Agreement to pay:

£30 - planters

£50 - Funds allocated for gift to former Councillor in recognition of long service

13.

Admin Issues Agreement for printer to be purchased for the clerk.

14.

Representative Reports Community First magazine -
  • Money is available for grant requests
  • Community First are looking for volunteers to fill vacant posts
  • Review of electoral practices within Local Authorities.Chair attended a briefing of the review and updated the PCC.Copies of the review given to Councillors.

 

St John’s Hall Committee –

  • A new floor surface will soon be installed.Half the cost of the flooring is being met by a donation from the senior citizen lunch club.
  • Quiz evening is due to be held at the end of May.
  • PCC requested a set of keys to enable access to the hall.

 

15.

A.O.B – no other matters 

16.

Next Meeting – Wednesday, March 6th 2019 7.15pm 

17.

Correspondence Llangollen 2019 request for support for Eisteddfod.Allegro Choir will be performing at this event.Individuals from Penhow involved.